Sunday, February 24, 2013

DIY Week 2

DIY Project Week #2


This Week:
       Throughout this week I have really just been thinking about how my group will be able to execute this project (mostly financially). We have so many wonderful ideas that I know we can finish and that will really improve the space and therefore benefit the team. However, all of the things that we really want to do are extremely costly.
My Grandma
      One huge chunk of the money would need to go towards a new TV and gaming system for the room. However, I have the solution :) My I asked my grandma about our spare room in the house that has no purpose but to accumulate clutter. There is a DVD player, flat screen TV, and Wii that hasn't been used in at least a year. She has decided to graciously donate all of these devices to our team room because she isn't using them anymore! Additionally, we have loads of paint and supplies that we can use to get the room looking spiffy.
      Also, we have made progress as a group: Conner has spoken to the water polo coaches and we have the "Okay" to begin the demolition whenever we are ready!

Next Week:
      Monday morning starts the season officially and it also begins the complaining about the team room. My plan is to get to work. First, I have to measure the dimensions of the room. Next, I am going to take pictures of the room for our "pitch" to the class. Then, I am going to assess what is underneath the god awful carpet on the floor of the room. I will also need to price shelves, cabinets, sofas, and carpet.
    Overall, I think that this will be really fun to work on. We have already gotten several members on the team involved to help us do the hard work cleaning, putting together, and re-doing the room.


    
     

No comments:

Post a Comment